Part Time - Technical Director/Video Editor
Posted April 25, 2021
KRGV-TV5 in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy on the staff:
KRGV-TV, the ABC affiliate in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, is currently seeking: Technical Director/Video Editor
To technically direct live newscasts for KRGV CHANNEL 5, KRGV 5.2 AZTECA VALLE.
Responsibilities will include technical directing a variety of newscasts. Work closely with News Producers and AP's. Technical Directing, master control operations, pre and post-production editing and studio camera work. Applicant may perform other reasonable related duties as may be assigned by managers. Station will be operating Sony MVS 8000 and Ross Carbonite switchers during live news broadcasts.
This position is Part-Time.
- · At least 2 years of experience as a Technical Director/Video Editor.
- · Applicant should have a strong creative background in lighting, shooting, technical directing, and non-linear editing.
- · Position will edit news stories for daily newscasts.
- · The ability to work under pressure is a must as well as the availability to work a variety of shifts.
- · Applicant needs strong working knowledge of Master Control operations.
- · Must possess the ability to work and communicate well under pressure.
- · Must be bilingual in both English and Spanish is preferred.
KRGV (ABC) is located in the warm and beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. (Harlingen - Weslaco - Brownsville - McAllen, Texas, DMA #84) Privately owned by the Manship family since 1964, KRGV offers its employees excellent benefits and the use of state-of-the-art technologies. Channel 5 News is a hard news brand that drives market-leading ratings in a fast-growing area with significant breaking news.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send your resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599, or email to email@example.com.