Boca Chica Resident Captures Footage of SpaceX Fire Test
UPDATE (7/18): SpaceX founder, Elon Musk, confirmed the Starhopper was not damaged during a "fiery test run" Tuesday.
He also revealed a "post-fuel leak" caused the fire ball.
NEAR BROWNSVILLE - A SpaceX static fire test in Boca Chica Beach ended in flames.
A protocol test ahead of what was the expected 20 meter untethered hop for the vehicle with its new raptor engine.
Maria Pointer, a Boca Chica resident, live streamed the static fire test from her front yard, standing a little more than a mile away when the vehicle was engulfed in flames
"It was quite an adventure last night we know that they're on a very steep learning curve, they have time sensitive developments going on, they brought in the new raptor engine so it sounded different when it ignited", says Pointer.
Musk took to twitter earlier this week hoping to test an untethered flight Wednesday.
That flight was cancelled.
For more information watch the video above.
Rio Grande Valley residents continue boiling water following winter storm
Pharr Police Department launches investigations into alleged teen assault, police response
Beto O'Rourke visits RGV — distributes food and water to communities after...
COVID-19 related hospitalization drop in Hidalgo County
FAA ends investigation into SpaceX Starship launches