Funeral held for Mission teen who died of electrocution
A 14-year-old boy who died last week after he was electrocuted was laid to rest Friday.
Authorities believe Gustavo Delgado was electrocuted when he unplugged an extension cord that fully submerged in floodwater from last week’s severe weather.
EARLIER COVERAGE: 14-year-old boy dies after being electrocuted near Mission
The Mission Fire Department and Mission Police Department joined the funeral procession for Delgado.
The procession drove past Agape Christian School where Delgado attended. A memorial for him is outside the school.
Tamaulipas governor orders more state police in Matamoros after cartel gun battle
McAllen mayor reflects on current term in office
Despite drop in unemployment rate, local restaurant struggling to hire more workers
Proposed state amendment would prevent nursing homes from blocking family visits
DPS: 2 dead, 5 hospitalized after crash in Palmview