DPS to Increase Presence During Memorial Day Weekend
WESLACO – The Department of Public Safety is aiming to increase law enforcement presence in Texas throughout Memorial Day weekend.
State troopers will be on the lookout for drivers who violate traffic laws, such as speed limit, seat belt and driving while intoxicated.
Drivers are advised of the following:
- Do not drink and drive.
- Slow down – especially in bad weather, construction areas, heavy traffic and unfamiliar areas.
- Eliminate distractions while driving, including the use of mobile devices.
- Buckle up everyone in the vehicle.
- Slow down or move over for police, fire, EMS, Texas Department of Transportation vehicles and tow trucks.
- Drive defensively.
- Don’t drive fatigued.
- If you see a road hazard or observe anything suspicious, report it.
- Make sure vehicle is properly maintained and all cargo is secure.
- Monitor weather and road conditions wherever you are traveling.
In 2017, troopers issued nearly 60,000 citations and warnings on Memorial Day weekend.
Woman warns others of COVID-19 vaccine spam calls targeting UTRGV patients
New Texas district boundary lines underway, advocates concerned
Immigration attorney weighs in on Department of Justice's report on 2018 zero-tolerance...
‘Somebody dropped the ball’: Former Capitol police officer speaks out on riot
Rio Grande Valley organizations beautify historic Edinburg cemetery on Martin Luther King...