Faulty Hydrant a Factor in Donna Blaze, Leaves Family Homeless
DONNA – A Rio Grande Valley family is homeless after their home was burned to the ground.
A fire hydrant was only a couple of feet away from the house in Donna, but when firefighters needed water – nothing came out.
The hydrant was closed.
The Donna Fire Department needed to call for an additional water tanker and assistance from Alamo fire crews.
The Donna fire chief added if the hydrant had been open, it would have save crews’ time and some of the property.
A spokesperson with North Alamo Water Supply, who is in charge of the faulty hydrant, says they don’t know why the hydrant didn’t work, but will investigate.
They added there was a fully functional hydrant about 300 feet away.
Watch the video above for the full story.
Studies suggest Vitamin D could reduce effects of COVID-19
Survey aims to improve scientific understanding of COVID-19
Concerned about the coronavirus, Willacy County bans many Halloween activities
Mission Police Department holds memorial for K-9 officer
Edinburg City Council votes to place charter amendment that would automatically suspend...