House Fire in San Benito
SAN BENITO--A San Benito home suffered serious damage in a fire Sunday afternoon.
San Benito firefighters were called out to the home just before 2 p.m. on the 900 block of Lasby Park.
Fire crews were able to save one puppy. A second puppy and a cat perished in the fire. No one else was hurt. One adult and three children were displaced.
Fire chief Raul Zuniga said the fire originated in the attic. He added the cause was due to an electrical problem.
Man arrested after girlfriend found beaten on Brownsville basketball court, police say
Hidalgo County: All 5 COVID-related deaths were unvaccinated individuals
Body of Army soldier returning to the Valley
AEP transmission project underway at South Padre Island
New technology helps detect early breast cancer