The Latest: Family says Dallas court shooter wanted to die
DALLAS (AP) - The Latest on the shooting at a federal courthouse in Dallas (all times local):
The family of the 22-year-old man who opened fire on a Dallas courthouse say he had received mental health treatment and that they believe he wanted to be killed.
Brian Isaack Clyde's father and stepmother told The Dallas Morning News that they hadn't seen any warning signs but think he went to the Earle Cabell Federal Building so security would kill him.
Federal agents shot Clyde Monday after he opened fire while dressed in a black mask and heavy vest. He was carrying a high-powered rifle and more than 150 rounds of ammunition.
Paul Clyde said his son was a skilled gunman and did not intend to shoot anyone.
His mother, Nubia Brede-Clyde, told the paper Clyde had been in a mental institution during his time in the Army.
The FBI says a 22-year-old man who opened fire on a federal courthouse in Dallas was honorably discharged from the U.S. Army.
The Army says Brian Isaack Clyde served as an infantryman from August 2015 to February 2017 and achieved the rank of private first class. He never deployed to a war zone.
Clyde's period of service was shorter than a typical Army contract, suggesting he left the military earlier than planned.
Clyde was shot and killed by courthouse security Monday after opening fire on the Earle Cabell Federal Building with a high-powered rifle. He approached the downtown courthouse dressed in a black mask and heavy vest, carrying more than 150 rounds of ammunition.
Investigators haven't determined a motive. The courthouse reopened for regular business Wednesday.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Mexican government to save a say in ‘Remain in Mexico’ policy
Texas Rangers investigating after shots fired from Mexico into Starr County
Edinburg swears-in new police chief
National Latinx AIDS Awareness Day encourages HIV testing in the community
Los Ebanos woman reflects on border wall contracts being cancelled