News PhotographerPosted: Oct 1, 2019 03:04 PM
KRGV Channel 5 News is seeking a News Photographer to photograph news events, both live and on tape, for news programs. Edits material to match script prepared by reporter, producer or associate producer using on-location facilities or any other location required. Works with reporter to get complete stories and makes suggestions on how a story should be produced. Operates live truck or other equipment used in live transmissions. Keeps assigned equipment and/or vehicle in good working condition and files all required paperwork, as deadlines require. Must be able to lift heavy equipment up to 50 pounds, bend and set-up equipment for remotes to allow transmission of pictures or live-from-the-scene reports back to the station. Monitors scanners in vehicles from news stories.
- Minimum of one to two years’ experience as a TV Photographer or news experience.
- Must have non-linear editing experience.
- Detail oriented, able to follow directions, and the ability to perform duties and make independent decisions under extreme pressure.
- Be able to work various shifts and times as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the internet, research skills are essential.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish/English)
- Valid Texas Driver’s license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily to and from stories is an essential part of the daily routine.
- Ability to drive and handle all necessary equipment on a news live truck.
- Ability to work both as a team and independently.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Storytelling skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to creatively shoot both short and long form packages as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of advanced location lighting techniques.
- Tech savvy and up to date on the most modern aspects of our medium.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 10/23/2018
Closing Date: 12/30/2018
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.