Swimming Banned at Delta Lake after Child's Death
DELTA LAKE - A Central Texas girl recently died after contracting a brain-eating amoeba.
Something similar happened back in the 70's.
A Rio Grande Valley child died after swimming in Delta Lake and also contracting an amoeba.
Since the child's death, people are not allowed to swim at Delta Lake.
Swimming has been banned since the 1970s, according to the Texas Historical Commission.
They say this area owned by the Delta Lake Irrigation District closed to swimming after high concentration of microorganisms were found in the water.
Watch the video for the full story.
Tamaulipas governor reacts to reinstatement of ‘Remain in Mexico’ program
Cold weather impacting turtles along the Valley’s coastline
MVEC working to prevent outages
Republicans look to change traditional Democrat voting trends in the Valley
‘Remain in Mexico’ policy expands to the Valley