DHR Health Increases Breast Cancer Awareness
Join DHR Health in raising breast cancer awareness this month as we encourage women to perform self-exams and receive an annual screening mammogram. Our goal is to increase awareness by hosting several events and fundraisers throughout the month, and the public is invited to participate!
- October 2018 – $99 Screening Mammograms – Throughout the month of October, DHR Health is offering screening mammograms for only $99! Get your screening today at one of our three convenient locations in Edinburg, McAllen, or Weslaco.
DHR Health Women’s Imaging Center: 300 Lindberg Ave. / McAllen, TX 78501 / 956-994-9837
Mid-Valley Imaging Center: 1121 James St. / Weslaco, TX 78596 / 956-447-2900
DHR Health Women’s Imaging Center at Dove: 1100 E. Dove Ave., McAllen, TX 78504 / 956-362-8600
- October 3rd – Girls Night Out Zumbathon & Adult Support Group – DHR Health’s 4th Annual Breast Cancer Education Class followed by Zumba.
Date: Wednesday, October 3rd, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Address: Rhythm Room Dance Studio: 5401 N. 10th St. #215 / McAllen, TX 78504
Contact: Laiza Cantu (956)-362-2106
- October 5th – Breast Cancer Awareness Kick Off (Employee Awareness Day, Group Photo – DHR Health employees show support for breast cancer awareness by wearing the colors of their high school alma mater. We may come from different cities and schools, but we come together as a community to support breast cancer awareness. Photo in DHR main lobby at 10:30 AM.
Date: Friday, October 5th, 2018
Time: 10:30 AM
Address: DHR Main Lobby, 5501 S. McColl Rd. / Edinburg Texas 78539
- October 9th - Hidalgo County Proclamation – DHR Health will be in attendance at the Hidalgo County Commissioners’ Court as they approve a proclamation announcing the month of October as “Breast Cancer Awareness Month” in Hidalgo County.
Date: Tuesday, October 9th, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM
Address: Hidalgo County Commissioners’ Court: 100 E. Cano St. / Edinburg, TX 78539
- October 13th – Love Your Cha Cha’s 5K Dia De Los Muertos – The 9th Annual Love Your Cha Cha’s 5k run/walk is dedicated to raising awareness about breast cancer, celebrating survivors, and honoring those that we have lost.
Date: Saturday, October 13th, 2018
Time: 7:00 AM: Survivor Walk / 7:30 AM: 5K Run/ Walk Starts
Address: Hidalgo County Courthouse: 100 N. Closner Blvd, Edinburg, TX 78557
- October 17th – Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Walk at DHR – Join DHR Health in raising awareness and funds to fight breast cancer. We unite as a community to support and honor those that have been affected by breast cancer. The raised funds will be used to help those in our community currently fighting breast cancer.
Date: Wednesday, October 17th, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM
Address: DHR Health Vision Center: 5525 Doctor's Dr., Edinburg, TX 78539
- October 18th – Believe in a Cure – DHR Health will provide breast cancer education at the UTRGV Volleyball Game.
Date: Thursday, October 18th, 2018
Time: 7:00 PM
Address: UTRGV Fieldhouse: N. 5th Ave, Edinburg, TX 78541
- October 19th – Wear Pink Day (Employee Awareness Day, Group Photo) – DHR employees come together to show their support for everyone affected by breast cancer. Group photo will take place in the DHR Main Lobby at 10:30 AM.
- October 19th – 8th Annual Bra Decorating Contest: DHR Health employees will participate in a bra decorating contest and fundraiser, with all proceeds benefitting the Renaissance Cancer Foundation. Voting costs $1 per vote or $5 for 6 votes.
Date: Friday, October 19, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Address: DHR Main Lobby: 5501 S. McColl Rd. Edinburg Texas 78539
- October 23rd -9th Annual Por Su Vida – DHR Health Advanced Care Center will be featured during the Por Su Vida event to provide information about breast cancer and the importance of early detection through self-breast exams and annual mammograms.
Date: Tuesday, October 23rd, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM
Address: Edinburg Conference Center at Renaissance: 118 Paseo Del Prado, Edinburg, TX 78539
DHR Health continues to be the premier healthcare provider in South Texas. For more information, please call (956) DOCTORS (362-8677) or visit our website at www.dhr-rgv.com.
Emergency personnel take extra precautions to respond to possible virus calls
Texas Workforce Commission shift strategy to help process unemployment claims
Coronavirus priority puts delay on mosquito spraying in parts of the Valley
PSJA ISD provides virtual counseling to students during pandemic
2 more people die after contracting the coronavirus in Cameron County