Victim of Domestic Violence in Section 8 Housing Impacted by Slow Processing Time for Transfer

1 year 7 months 1 week ago Thursday, January 03 2019 Jan 3, 2019 January 03, 2019 6:34 PM January 03, 2019 in News - Local

EDINBURG – Victims of domestic abuse who live in public housing can request a move with government help.

In some cases where houses might not be close by, there could be a wait; paperwork can make the process even longer.

KRGV’s Christian von Preysing spoke with a Section 8 recipient who’s moving back to California.

She says she applied for a transfer for Section 8 housing under the Violence Against Women Act.

The federal law gives protections to people who experience domestic violence.

She has already begun making her move to California but staying with her daughter temporarily since the Edinburg Housing Authority is still processing her paperwork.

Watch the video above for the full story.

More News

7 Days