Fire at Pharr Gun Store Taking Toll on Business
MCALLEN – Fire investigators are still working to find out what sparked a fire Monday at a Pharr gun shop.
Crews responded to the blaze at the building located on North Jackson Road.
No one was hurt in the incident, but the business is taking a hit.
The fire forced an evacuation of several nearby stores. A Staples manager tells CHANNEL 5 NEWS they were forced to close down for the rest of the day.
Several evacuated employees were stranded in the parking lot for hours.
Surrounding stores reopened on Tuesday while clean-up crews worked to clear out the gun shop.
Watch the video above for more information.
Consumer Reports: Gas range health risk
Trio charged in connection with auto theft ring
Investigation into death of man found unresponsive in Brownsville jail cell continues
AT&T donates scholarship money to Texas A&M Valley students in public health
Valley blood bank asks for blood donations to maintain supply