Texas senators to visit Rio Grande Valley next Friday
In response to the immigration surge at the southern border, U.S Senators Ted Cruz and John Cornyn will lead a senate delegation tour in the Rio Grande Valley area on Friday, March 26.
According to a news release from Cruz’s office, the tour will include a roundtable with local stakeholders.
The release did not specify where in the Rio Grande Valley the senators will visit.
PREVIOUS IMMIGRATION COVERAGE
- Brownsville: 210 migrants have tested positive for COVID-19
- Immigrant teens to be housed at Dallas convention center
- Biden administration mobilizes FEMA to help with influx of unaccompanied minors
- Sen. Cornyn, Rep. Cuellar visit border amid immigration surge
- Video shows dozens of migrants rafting across Rio Grande
- Children packed into Border Patrol tent for days on end
- Harlingen nonprofit prepares shelter for migrants
SPI restaurant struggles to fill employment positions
Bond set for Pharr man accused of shooting and killing stepson
Hidalgo County mayors to discuss drainage improvements
DPS: 10 dead, over a dozen injured after crash in Encino
Petition calling for masks in Texas schools gaining traction online