Harlingen Veteran Says VA Should Aid with Transition to Civilian Life

2 years 4 months 2 weeks ago Wednesday, September 05 2018 Sep 5, 2018 September 05, 2018 5:49 PM September 05, 2018 in News

HARLINGEN – A Harlingen veteran says those who have served need more help transitioning into civilian life.

Veteran James Monayao served in the U.S. Army from 2008 to 2014 and now works as a nurse.

“My transition was very challenging in many ways because I didn't have a full-time job. I didn't have the steady paycheck that would come in when I was still in the service,” says Monayao.

KRGV’s Frank McCaffrey reached out to the veteran service office in Brownsville to find answers.  

Josue Silguero with the Cameron County Veterans Service Office says veterans are referred to the VOC Rehab Program offered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

He explains the program is usually successful in guiding a veteran to the right education or to a job.

Watch the video above for the full story.

More News

7 Days